Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My homecoming blog....



HI Everyone, this is the blog I posted on my myspace when I got back home. Alot of new things have happened since then as well, so I'll update on that soon, just so busy......


Hello everyone, sorry it has been so long. We are finally back home, we have been home for a few weeks. Things have been pretty wild. It is really hard getting used to having two small children in the home. It is alot of work, especially having one who is on Oxygen and a apnea moniter, which never alarms unless it is 4 a.m. Elijah is doing well, he weighs 8lbs 1oz (Alex's birthweight). He is not like a four month old, but more like a newborn, which developmentally is right where he should be. Considering he lost 4 months in the womb! I am concerned about his continued need for oxygen but he has a great pulmonologist in Roanoke. Alex is a great big brother, though he wants to be a little to helpful at times. He has a few little jealous moments as well. I missed Alex so much the past few months and am so happy to be home with him, he is absolutely delightful, and so smart! He acts like a 3-4 year old as opposed to someone who has just turned 2! I'm so proud of him, I just hope I can keep up with his needs, since he can't go to preschool because he may carry something in to Elijah. That is something else that is hard to get used to, Elijah can't really be around a lot of people until after the winter. Then maybe he'll be able to visit and go to church. A cold could put him back into the hospital and we don't want that! I know alot of people want to visit, but we are trying to keep Elijah's exposure to people low right now. Of course the frequent doctor visits drive me crazy, I think that is where he will end up catching something. Strangers want to touch him, but we just have to stand our ground! Dillan is doing great too, he is a 8th grader this year, I can't believe it. Where does the time go! Well I know I am rambling but I wanted to give you a update! I'll post pictures soon!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Glad to see that you are back- several of us on the preemieblogs have been wondering how you guys are! Glad to hear you are home and things are going well!