Thursday, July 30, 2009

Finally a UPDATE!!

Like it tends to do, life goes on...




Elijah is doing well. Both boys have bad colds, hopefully it's not the flu. I am debating if I should take them to the doctor today. If it is the flu I want to catch it in time for medication, if not I have probably exposed them to the flu by taking them to the doctor. It is hard to know what to do, when my oldest son had the flu last winter I didn't take him to the doctor in time for antivirals and he had a really hard time.


On a lighter note, Elijah's therapy(s) are going great. He is babbling away now and he is pushing up on hands and knees and trying very hard to crawl. He commando crawls all over the place. He is almost sitting up on his own. He weighs 19 lbs now, he has come a long way from 1lb 8oz! So far the only lasting effects of his extreme prematurity are the developmental delays. His cognitive skills seem good. He can find his foot now on command, he is a very smart baby! He shows no signs of the dreaded (at least dreaded by me) CP as of yet! The doctor did hear a murmur at his last checkup, but I refuse to worry about it, God has healed Elijah's heart once and HE is in ultimate control!



I thank God every day for the miracles he has worked in Elijah's life.



Our three year old little man is doing well. He is now in therapy for very slight Gross Motor Delays. He will be getting evaluated in the future to see what may be going on to cause his sensory issues. His therapist also seems to think he may be color blind. He is extremely smart, and learns easily,but can't seem to get his colors. Somehow the possibility of colorblindness upsets me more than the thought of him being diagnosed with Aspergers. I'm not sure why this is. I just look at all the colors that surround us, and it makes me want to cry to think he may not be able to see some of them, and may never be able to. I just keep remembering, God is in control!






Little man waters the flowers he just planted!


Brothers and best buddies!



This is just to cute!

No comments: