Sunday, July 20, 2008



Hello everyone! Well time seems like it is moving so slow now! Elijah is doing well and eating, and he is tolerating his feeds. He is retaining fluid though, but his urine output is great. I hope nothing is wrong. I have decided that I am going to push really hard for a monitor and maybe even oxygen for the trip home. I can't believe these people would actually send him out of the hospital without this equipment. He is still having bradycardia episodes where he drops his heart rate and stops breathing. From everything I read and hear this may not resolve for another month or so. I'm sure the insurance is pushing for discharge since he has had his surgery, not that I want him to stay in the hospital, I just refuse to travel 12 hours (we'll drive 6 stay overnight and then drive 6 more) without the equipment. He had a episode last night, he tends to do it in his sleep. After all we have been through I refuse to put my baby in harms way due to the ignorance of the hospital staff and insurance company. When it all boils down to it, it is all about the money, I have learned that much from this experience!

No comments: