Thursday, July 17, 2008

NICU notes....


Elijah is doing so good. We may even get to come home in a couple of weeks as long as everything continues to go well! He has recovered nicely from surgery and is starting to eat now. He is able to take 5 mls from a bottle! He has come so far from 1lb 80z, he now weighs 6lbs 8 oz! I hope and pray he continues to do well so that I can go back home. I miss the mountains and it is hard to be 12 hours away from everyone I know and love. But, I am thankful to God for bringing Elijah so far. The NEC could have killed him. That is what took his brother Lucas. I find that when I finally let go, and put it all in God's hands, that's when things seem to start going better! I'm so thankful to have my little guy, and his big brothers! I know God will continue to bless our family!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hello I am a young adult now born with cerebral palsy that blog about it at http://lifeofthedifferentlyabled.com