Saturday, April 18, 2009

Doing better...

Elijah is doing better now. The past few days he seemed to get worse, especially at night. On Thursday night I didn't sleep at all, I sat up and watched him. He was so stuffy, wheezing, and was breathing really fast. His hands and feet were turning blue again as well as his lips. I came very close to going to the ER, but I hate to expose him to those germs and to the hospital staff who don't really know how to deal with such a small baby with his unique circumstances. So I gave him a breathing treatment and watched him. I took him to the doctor the next morning. He had a ear infection. The doctor is afraid that he is aspirating his food, so we can't feed him anything other than formula until he has a swallow study done. That means more traveling. I just hope he passes the test!

I am thankful that he did well last night and is doing well tonight too. I haven't had to give him a breathing treatment since yesterday! YAY!

Well I know this is a short post. I'm just so tired. I plan on doing a blog detailing our time in Florida with Elijah and his brothers. I am going to use the journal I kept in the NICU and the myspace blog that I updated during that time to help me remember! So keep checking back! I hope to start on that soon!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hi Denise! Nice to "meet" you. :) Thanks for stopping by on my blog! Your little boy Elijah (love that name by the way) is so sweet. Sorry he is feeling yucky, but what a miracle he is! wow!! He will be in my prayers from now on.
Have a great day!!