Thursday, April 23, 2009

Oh how I've grown...

This is the earliest picture I can find of Elijah, he is actually almost a month old in this picture, due to this being a "surprise" delivery 12 hours away from home, and the fact that I was hospitalized several times after the babies births with life threatening complications we were not able to get a lot of very early pictures of the babies. Elijah was actually fairly stable in this picture, right after Elijah's birth he was very ill and had to have a surgery that almost took his life. But thankfully God worked the first of many miracles at that time! I do have one picture the NICU staff took for me right after his birth, I am trying to locate it and I will post it as soon as I find it! You can see how small he is in this picture, imagine how small he was at birth, weighing 1lb 8oz and being 13 inches long!




Little Feet
Bigger Feet



Elijah's last night in the NICU, see how jaundiced he still is. Elijah had severe liver damage due to the IV HAL nutrition he had to stay on for the first 3-4 months of his life. Elijah had his first bottle about 3 weeks before he came home, he came home on August 6th at four months of age, his due date was August 1st!

Early days at home.


No more Oxygen! Elijah was able to get off his supplemental oxygen in early October.



Happy Baby! Elijah now!

No comments: