Thursday, May 7, 2009

Just a quick post...

I was just looking at some blogs and reflecting. I have to admit, I have been feeling sorry for myself lately. Yes, it is horrible that I have lost two of my children, it is hard to have a sick child, it is a pain to do all the traveling we have to do on limited finances....

But, as I read some of the blogs I have been following I realized something that I have known all along, it could be worse. Elijah could have feeding problems, he could have cerebral palsy, be blind, deaf, you get the point. My other boy's are healthy and happy, there are so many children suffering out there right now. Right now my children are safe and warm in their beds. They are not in the hospital, they are not hungry, they are not homeless, they are not lost.

I think of all the missing children out there, I don't know why this happens. I keep thinking of my little boy, how I would feel if he was out there and I didn't know where. How horrible would it be, not knowing what is happening to your child, not knowing if he is scared, if anyone is comforting him.

This world we live in is so evil, I believe Jesus will come soon. I think the only reason he hasn't came back yet is because he wants to give everyone one more chance, one last chance to accept him and accept everlasting life!

I have saw remarks made as I surfed the internet the past couple of days, I beleive they were made by the same person, I don't remember how it was phrased exactly but it was something to the extent of :
"It bothers me when people attribute something good(like surviving a car crash) to God, who do they think caused the crash to begin with"

I don't know who is writing this and I am sure a lot of people feel this way, God have mercy on them is all I can say. If I could talk to them I would tell them this: "yes bad things happen in this world and for reasons we don't know God allows them to happen, and we know there is great evil in this world, but I don't know how anyone makes it through the bad times without the love and grace of God and Jesus Christ. When I was stuck in Florida for four months, watching two babies die and one suffer and fight for his life, God was my strength and he comforted me like no one else could".

As for the obvious non-belief in Gods ability to perform miracles, I truly believe that often God intervenes, there is a reason for everything that happens, I have seen God move in Elijah's life and make things happen that seemed impossible. Elijah's medical records show multiple diagnosis of cardiomyopathy, but during his last Cardiology appointment when that doctor said "I don't know what the other doctors have been seeing, but he has perfect heart function", I knew that God had answered many prayers and healed my child. You can read about his healing in this post: Elijahs heart

I know I couldn't bear to exist in this world without Gods comforting spirit and his love. I know when I pray that every prayer is heard. Most of all I know that the only son of God suffered and died for me and for everyone else, even for the person who wrote that.

Wow, I meant for this to be a short post! What I mainly wanted to say is that I need to quit complaining!

"God forgive me for complaining, I am truly thankful for all you have done for Elijah and for my healthy boy's, I ask for your continued protection on my children, I ask for your touch for the children whose blogs I follow and that you bless and protect all chidren tonight, those who are sick, alone, afraid, be with them Lord and comfort them, give them peace and hope" In Jesus' name: AMEN
This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. (Lamentations 3:21-25)

Good Night and God Bless! :O)

1 comment:

dragonfly domain said...

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! keep up your faith. GOd Bless this day and everyday.